Every Wi-Fi router can be your own personal Salt antenna.
Wherever you have a Wi-Fi connection, you can access the Salt network. In your living room, at a party or even in your hotel room, at home or abroad. All on your existing subscription, as if you were in Switzerland. No surcharges. No roaming costs.
What you need to know
Get ready. This is WiFi-Calling.
- Excellent indoor coverage wherever you have Wi-Fi access. No more worries about signal strength.
- No fees, no extra costs, no roaming costs. Calls and SMS with WiFi-Calling are billed according to your subscription or deducted from your PrePay balance, just as if you were using Salt's mobile network in Switzerland (MMS not included).
- No need for an extra app or for the person you're calling to have the same app. WiFi Calling works for all phone numbers, mobile or fixed, all over the world.
- Your data allowance is not touched because you're using a Wi-Fi network.
All you need is a mobile phone (bought in a Salt Store or on the Salt online shop) that supports this function.
Configure your mobile
Get your phone ready for WiFi-Calling.
All WiFi-Calling compatible mobiles are listed below. Many more will follow so keep checking. As soon as you see your phone join the list, make sure you get the latest system update and then enable the function.
WiFi-Calling compatible mobiles:
- Apple (iOS 9.1)
- iPhone 5c
iPhone 6 Plus
iPhone 6s Plus
iPhone 7 Plus
- In the settings, choose «Phone»
and activate «WiFi-Calling».
- Galaxy S5
Galaxy S6 Edge
Galaxy S7 Edge
- In the settings, choose «Applications»
under «Device», then «Phone» and