Content: Control my expenses
Control my expenses.
Optimize my costs
Premium SMS are a good method to pay specific services via your mobile phone. However, if you want to avoid costly misuses, you may want to block them. You can block premium and adult services by sending an SMS with BLOCK ALL to 5155. To block only adult services, send BLOCK ADULT to 5155.
- This only blocks the services billed via Salt
- If you send BLOCK ALL, you will no longer be able to use your phone to pay for certain services (i.e. Selecta, parking tickets, etc.).
With Plus Basic / Start: once you have used up your included bundle, you will be guided to a page offering additional bundles, valid 30 days after activation:
- 200 MB: CHF 9.95
- 1 GB: CHF 19.95
- 5 GB: CHF 29.95
- Additionally for Plus Young: continue surfing for free, but with reduced speed (56 kbit/s download).
Limit roaming costs
In addition to disabling “data roaming”, we recommend disabling “mobile data” in general.
On the Samsung S7 for example, the “smart network switch” function must also be turned off. Some Android devices also feature a “data saver” function, which the user must activate.
To prevent any further risk, the following functions should also be deactivated:
- Wi-Fi Assist (iPhone)
- download booster (Samsung).
Yes, you need both options, because (Talk/Internet) “Europe” covers zones A & B, while (Talk/Internet) “World” includes zones C, D & E. Note that zone F, X & Y and satellite zone are excluded.
Click here for more details.
If you run out of data, you will be guided to a page offering additional data bundles, valid 30 days after activation.
Important: Without any option or additional data bundle you may be charged up to 15.-/MB, depending on the travel zone you visit. For more details see Roaming.
Receiving messages and calling your Voicemail with Salt domestic network is free.
- Receiving messages is charged twice, once as an incoming roaming call and once as an outgoing roaming call
- Calling your Voicemail is charged as an outgoing roaming call
In order to avoid these charges, we advise you to deactivate your voicemail before your trip (ref. How do I deactivate my Voicemail and reactivate it again?).
For details on options and data volumes abroad, click on Roaming.
Make sure you open the page http://costcontrol.salt.ch/roaming with Firefox or Safari.
It is not possible to purchase additional data packages with the mobile browser Opera (and only on a limited basis with Chrome).
It refreshes on the 10th of every month (date of your bill).
If you're a Business customer it refreshes on the 1st of every month.
You will receive an offer to purchase an additional bundle to keep you surfing if you need it before these dates.
Any copy of a document (except bill copies) costs CHF 9.95.
For bill copies, see section:
Are there any fees associated with invoicing?
eBills and bills delivered by e-mail are FREE
Paper bills delivered monthly by post costs:
- CHF 2.-/month for summary bills
- CHF 5.-/month for detailed bills
An additional copy of the bill costs:
- CHF 4.95* when sent by e-mail.
- CHF 9.95* when sent by post.
Copy of the account statement/account summary with invoice and payment details (dates, amounts, methods, etc.) costs CHF 9.95
This fee is charged to cover the administrative fees. You can access My Account > Bills and get your invoices and payment details for free.
If you don’t pay your bill by the due date:
- After a certain period of time, you will receive reminders. Each reminder will cost you 30.-
- If payment is still not received, at some point, your line will be suspended. That costs 50.-
- Note that even if your line is suspended we may send you reminders. Each reminder will cost you an additional 30.-
The cost of a new SIM card is CHF 49.-
Couldn't find what you need? Check the other FAQ rubriques: