Content: Join Salt
You will need 1 official document proving your identity and a secondary one with your photo.
- Prepay: you have to be 16 years old
- Postpay: you have to be 18 years old
- Otherwise bring an adult with you.
You don't need to change your number when you switch operator. When you sign your new contract with Salt, you can fill in a power of attorney and we will handle everything for you.
Once you have requested the transfer of your phone number to Salt, you can continue to use your current SIM card until the transfer is finalized – independently of whether you have a subscription or a prepaid price plan with your current operator.
During the number transfer process, you will receive several SMS messages from us on the number that will be transferred (i.e. on your current SIM card) informing you on the transfer status.
Remember to keep your new Salt SIM card close at hand to be able to insert it into your mobile phone as soon as the transfer is finalized. We will inform you on the transfer date by SMS, however, without exact time indication. Therefore, we recommend you wait until your current provider has stopped the service before you change your SIM card.
If your current price plan is a subscription, all data on the transfer request must correspond exactly to the information on the contract with your current operator. Otherwise, we will have to ask you (by email or letter as well as by SMS) to correct existing discrepancies, which could delay the number porting. Should you receive a SMS on this matter without the corresponding email or mail, please verify your "spam" folder.
If you have a prepaid price plan with your current operator, simply confirm your transfer request by sending "YES" to the short number 499.
My account is a free service accessible online, via any browser.
It allows you to control and configure your subscription easily:
- See your invoice and usage
- Purchase and pay online devices, PrePay vouchers, etc.
- Follow your orders
- Subscribe and manage options
- Unlock your phone
- Manage your profile information (Postal address, email address, language, gender, bill delivery method, detailed bill)
- Check your offers
- And much more!
Go to My Account > Register and follow the instructions to set up one account for all your Salt services.
On an Android smartphone or an iPhone
- Open your web browser
- Go to myaccount.salt.ch
- Create a shortcut to “My Account” on your mobile phone:
- Android → Click on the browser menu in the upper screen bar (three vertical dots)
- iPhone → Select the icon “Share” in the middle of the lower screen bar
- Select the option “Add to Home Screen”.
- A dialog window will open where you can rename the icon. Then confirm by clicking on “Add”.
- Now the icon displays on your smartphone's home screen. The first time you access from your mobile phone, you will need to enter your login credentials. They will be stored on the browser cookies.
All you need is WiFi access and a compatible phone, configured for WiFi Calling. No special app, neither for your nor for the person you are calling.
More details here.
WiFi Calling offers you the following advantages:
If you are calling in Switzerland, you can profit from excellent indoor coverage wherever you have WiFi access.
- If you are calling or texting from abroad, you can avoid roaming costs: calls and SMS via WiFi Calling are billed just like calls and SMS in Switzerland.
Read more details here.
Couldn't find what you need? Check the other FAQ rubriques: